Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here a Post, There a Post

Well, I may be periodically posting on here now that I have another one starting preschool. We've actually started this summer (using a program called Before Five in a Row). It's great. Low key but covers a lot. Google it and check it out. :)

Today was super fun because we're currently reading the book "Blueberries for Sal" by Rober McCloskey. It's one of my favorites and is included in Vol. 1 of this curriculum. Today we had our only little tin pail and as the Lord would have it, we had blueberries. So, we were able to do math with the blueberries by doing what little Sal did with hers. (Picked three, ate three). Picked four, ate one, etc. The kids loved it and I'm excited to be introducing them to a fun way of looking at math. Unfortunately, I was taught more of the memorizing of your math facts rather than really understanding math. I did not enjoy math growing up, probably because I wasn't good at it. I don't want to pass that on to my kids so I'm enjoying the fun approach to learning!

Check out www.homeschoolshare.com for some great resources for Before Five in a Row or Five in a Row. Have fun!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Looking for a natural approach to teaching your young child to use the potty? This ebook shares the tried and true approach I used with our young children. For only $1.99 you will learn how to teach your child to use the potty naturally in a stress free environment.