Friday, February 20, 2009

More Michigan


I went to the library and used their Ellison Cutter for this cut out of Michigan. Carter then glued it on to some construction paper. I printed off all the state "things" for Michigan. E.g. State bird, rock, etc. We cut these out and Carter glued them on and then we labled them. It was good practice for him to sound out words as well.
We also talked about how there are 4 Seasons in Michigan that we experience, the Great Lakes that surround Michigan and we've read several books pertaining to Michgian. We also checked the Michigan Theme Kit from the library which has been really fun so far (books, flannelgraph board w/animals, etc.) If you've never checked out a theme kit before you really should! They certainly add a lot to the theme of the week.

As for what we're going to be doing for Carter's 4 Year Old Preschool...I actually bought some 4 Year Old Curriculum back when I was in college. I could get it at a discount b/c of my major (Early Childhood Ed.). It's not as exciting as the new stuff they have out there BUT it's already paid for and I think it will do the job sufficiently. I'll probably add some of my own stuff to it along the way as I have time. We'll actually be starting this the beginning of June, Lord-willing. There's going to be a lot going on in my life in the fall months and I'll feel better this way knowing that he won't be behind. (well, it will really be me pushing myself to not feel behind b/c I'm sure he'll be totally fine either way--it's just my personality!) Besides, he's super excited about preschool and I'm sure he would have been asking me to do it in the summer, anyways. Most days he says to me, "Mom, we should DEFINITELY do preschool today!" I feel bad I've not put more into as of late, but I'm doing the best I can!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Looking for a natural approach to teaching your young child to use the potty? This ebook shares the tried and true approach I used with our young children. For only $1.99 you will learn how to teach your child to use the potty naturally in a stress free environment.